Interested? Click Me!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Community Mental Health

Problem Solving Activity:


Individual A : Does not know how to inform the parents about failing his/her examinations.

Individual B: Suggest ways to help A to solve his/ her problem.

This is our task after lecture. So here goes the act...


Charis: So what is your problem?

Kar Yee:I failed all my papers and I do not know how to tell my mother.
And my mother works on auto-pilot. I want to stay alive!

Charis: Ok...Why did you fail?

Kar Yee: I don't know. My lectures failed me, go ask them lar.

Charis: What do you mean you don't know?!
Is it because you didn't study enough?
Did you concentrate? Is there any distraction.

Kar Yee: I did study and concentrate. There was no distraction.
Can I change my problem solver?
She is scolding me and is very scary.

Charis: No! Ok, why do you think you fail?

Kar Yee: Because I am stupid...

Charis: ... Ok! I found you a solution.
  1. You should go down to the Psychology department and look for your lecture.
  2. Ask your lecture for the IQ test and take it.
  3. After you obtain your results; make sure it says your stupid, then ask your lecture to verify the results.
  4. Go to your mother. Tell her that you've failed all your subjects and not to go on auto-pilot first.
  5. Show your mother the results of your IQ test and tell her, 'I fail because I am stupid,'.

Kar Yee: Then tell her is because of her gens too!

Of, course this is all a joke! Kar Yee a.k.a Curry (Dr. Priya called her) started it first so I just went along. This is our real solution...

Kar Yee: Because I didn't study enough.

Charis: Ok...
  1. You should tell your mother before she discovers it from the letter box.
  2. Tell her not to go auto-pilot first and listen to your explanations.
  3. Tell her that you are very sorry and didn't mean to disappoint her. Say that its your fault for not studying enough for all your papers.
  4. Promise her that you will definitely do better next time. If you still fail, then she can go on auto-pilot. You just endure it then cause its your fault!
  5. If she refused to take your explanations, tell her that your at least better than your brother. At least you didn't fake your results or lie about it!
Kar Yee: Put the blame and auto-pilot on my brother, right? Hahahaha...

Charis: Yes!

This part is real! The good thing is Ms. Elaine did not ask us to tell her the solution instead she just let it go cause she wants us to feel the dilemma and pressure of the situation. If she does, gosh... I'm so gonna get it!

Random section:

Today Caroline (Aliza), Kar Yee and me, later join by Kelvin, communicated in broken English. We did this on Twitter too...

e.g.
  1. Food, lets go buy.
  2. What getting you?
  3. Banana cake, me getting.
  4. Something didn't understand you.
  5. Betul, sakit (trans: Correct, pain). (funny reply: Betul tak sakit; trans: Correct not pain)
Check out my Twitter page for more, CharisYiWei

3 comments:

  1. of living tired you are now it is?!
    you see, wait lar 2moro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stupid me about post u.
    embarressed am i...
    *sadness*
    but...
    brother trouble in get, like i! :D

    ReplyDelete