Interested? Click Me!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Opening Ceremony

It's been a long time since I argued with anyone about my opinion. The last time was during Malaysian Studies class. After a year plus, never knew that the person who brought this action back is Ian. In Community Mental Health lecture today, Ms Elaine asked us what would we do as a manager if one of our employees has a mental health problem history?

Isn't it obvious enough this is an opinion question?! So I answered 'Fire', from a no Psychology background individual while others said that they would hire a psychologist to understand the situation of the person. I agree with that, I never denied the fact that some companies may do that but but he should not just made a remark saying, 'It is not how society work, its just how you work! So don't say society,'. I don't mind him not agreeing with my opinion but he should listen to my justifications of why I think that is how the business people function. Then its up to him to acecpt of reject!

  1. Business people would only think of the severity or damage that this person might cause to the company, not many manager who is actually concern of is this person fully recovered and is able to function in the workplace unless he/ she is actually productive.
  2. Is the individual able to handle stress properly if the manager requires him complete a stressful task?
  3. Moreover, anything could actually trigger the person and he/she might explode anytime, any where.
These are the reasons why I said most managers would actually fire instead of going through the process of hiring a psychologist just because of the one person. From their point of view, it may be a waste of resources, the most they would do is compensate the individual upon firing.

So angry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment