Interested? Click Me!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Lost & Confuse

It is really cool to watch Clinical Psychologist helping mentally ill patients. However, learning this subject is another thing. I guess I was naive at that time. I used to think that as long as we like a certain subject or that we are really passionate about it, learning the subject would not be a problem.

Now, as I'm older, I somehow knew that is not just it.
After the first Psychology class and assignment, I'm doubting myself. I'm facing lots of difficulty in understanding it. Furthermore, I have limited vocabularies. There are lots of bombastic words that I don't understand. I struggle when it comes to reading. In English class, there are some passages that I completely do not understand although after reading the whole essay twice. I'm really starting to lose faith in myself.

My dream of becoming a Psychologist, now seems more like a dream! I kept asking myself every day, "Am I suitable for this?", "Am I capable of doing this?". These questions kept repeating in my mind.

I'm considering dropping out of the course, if I can't really cope up with it by end of this semester. This would be my last resort. If I do, this would be my biggest regret. Not only that I've disappointed myself but also my mom. I begged her to let me enroll in this course! Moreover, my family disapprove me of taking this course.

Anyhow, I would really want to try my best to understand everything. Because of this, I did something that I would never do in the past. I actually ask help for a person that I least want to be associated with. At first it was really hard to ask for a favour as we had a really big fight. After, long time of struggling, I finally did it. I threw my pride and ego, and sms-ed him. I'm relief that he is willing to help although I made my request sounded like a junior asking for help from a senior although we somehow hang around the same group.

I guess I'm not over the fight yet. And I don't want to force him into it, since he may be feeling guilty over the fight. Bottom line is I don't want him to think that we are friends again. For us to be friends again, he would have to earn the friendship the hard way. It's would be hard for me to trust him again!




No comments:

Post a Comment