Interested? Click Me!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Beginning of a New Chapter

First day of Psychology course begun with English class. Yup, English. Thought it was the end of it during pre-u but not. Well, we didn't do much; self-intro, course outlines etc. Thought that I would meet lots of new people but apparently not. Since, most of my classmates are ex-CIMPians. However, got to know to some; Jennifer, the Scottish girl, Aun (sorry if I spelt it wrongly), the party guy and Alex, the guy who flew around Malaysia. Can't really comment on the lecturer yet so...

Next, Stats class! Thought it would be the same as English class but we have started taking down notes and doing worksheets.First lesson, Intro to Stats without Maths; Nominal, Ordinal, Interval, Ratios.
How the hell do you distinguish Ordinal and Interval? Gosh, it's only the first class and I'm having trouble.It's ok, found a clearer explanation in Research Method book. Funny right? It's not, since both are inter-related. Overall, stats class is ok.

Research class. OMG!!! I swear, her voice just puts everyone to sleep. Everyone was yawning and I don't really understand her. Seems like she is lecturing but it sounded like she is reading. Since it's only her
first time lecturing, I hope she gets better. However, I've concluded that, I should stock up sweets to stay awake for the next class.


Second day begin with Study Skills class. Yes, we have study skills as a subject. It's a relief to know that this class only last for 4 weeks. One this is for sure, this class surprisingly is the most fun one so far. Although it's tough since it's based on our listening and notes taking skills.I'm looking forward for this class.

Stats tutorial is next. Today's lesson was so fun and interesting. We got to play around with the SSPS? programme. It's fun keying in data. But the software... it's hard to get. Please let me know if anyone has that programme. I need it!

The least interesting tutorial is next.Initially, I wasn't looking forward to it but I was at the end of the class. Cause Ms. Woo is lecturing today. Her class was so fun and interesting! Although I'm facing some hardship in writing a hypothesis. Creating a hypothesis is damn hard. It must be damn specific up till the point that no question can be asked and it's totally different from the normal way of writing a hypothesis. This is something that I must working on tonight itself. And hopefully, can get some feedback tomorrow. Oh yeah, not forgetting that I need to read a journal and answer questions.

Overall, today is better than yesterday. I'm really looking forward to Intro to Psycho class. Hopefully it would be fun and interesting.

PS: I only got 4 study days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment