Interested? Click Me!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's Not True


Just about 4 years ago, I was introduce to K-pop by the famous Korean singer, Rain. Thanks to him, I later found this super cute group of guys with great powerful vocals.




I instantly fell in love with them! I've started to buy their albums, beginning with the 2nd one; Rising Sun. I think the song Rising Sun is quite refreshing and very Indian-ish (just before the rapping part). Then on the same year, the 3rd one namely 'O' album came. This album featured tracks with lots of genres and it's suitable for all ages. There is this song, Balloon sounded just like McDonald's theme song (only the opening part) and the video clip is so so CUTE! Try listening to this track and you'll know what I mean.


For two solid years, they had been focusing on their career in Japan. And their success came knocking in the beginning of 2008 with Purple Line. Other singles; Beautiful You and Why Did I Fall in Love With You? topped the Oricon chart for weeks and they became the FIRST foreign boy band with 3 singles that tops the chart after 24 years. They even got to performed on Japan's most prestige stage.


Then came their 4th Korean album, Mirotic. Among all their Korean album, I like this one the best. This album has catchy songs like Mirotic (super cool dance moves), Crazy Love and Paradise. Love In The Ice, Korean version is also included in this album, written by Max. Somehow this song sounded better in Korean, don't know why but it does!


Few months later, The Secret Code; Japanese 4th album was born. Some of the tracks somehow sounded really wrong. Or maybe it's just me? ^^ Among all their J-songs, their latest, Tea for Two is the best. Maybe it's because it sounded sweet and loving unlike others which sounded depress. Life it's self is harsh and sad for some people, I don't think we need anymore sad songs to remind us of our sad memories. Instead we need more happy, loving songs like Tea for Two. Songs that remind us of our sweet memories with our family, friends and lovers. Don't you agree?


The songs sang by this group are high-quality. They expressed the songs with great emotions along with their great vocals. Bolero, Love In The Ice, Stand by You are some of it. No wonder they are named the RISING GODS OF THE EAST; Dong Bang Shin Ki.


With the latest controversy of the band and their company, SME, will we ever get to hear songs from them? Speculations of them may be breaking up is circulating on the Internet. Although, the members denied it but there is a chance that this rumor might actually turn into reality! I don't wish or hope that this will happen. I don't want this to happen at all!


I've already missed their first showcase in Malaysia back in 2005. Also missed their 1st concert in Malaysia due to SPM Bio papers on Monday! I've been waiting to kill all those friends of mine who told me how great it was! Till now, I've been asking myself, 'Why must it be during SPM? Why must Bio papers be on Monday?'. If they do just break up like this, their concerts that I've missed will be my biggest regret! I really hope this would all be only a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment