Interested? Click Me!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Awesome Lecture

The day begun with Emotions and Motivation quiz! Though I did studied but... nothing went into my brain!!! The quiz was fun, since its multiple choice. As expected that not many people show up for lecture today (told you so Kar Yee). We are divided into five groups of eight. I was in Group 2... Everyone chipped in RM 1 for the monetary prize and our lecturers chipped in RM5 each.

At first the quiz seems boring, but as it went on, both the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th groups' scoring were getting close to one another. In the end, only the 1st and 2nd group were competing for the monetary prize. A tie breaker questions were asked, but still it was a tie! Since lunch time is 5 minutes away, both the teams called it a tie, so... We shared the money. Each of us got like RM 3.50. Well, to me its not bad....At least I got to eat Fruit Rojak free!

But during the quiz, I'm actually really annoyed by something. So wish that I could slap that annoying thing!!!

Next, my most favourite lecture... Pet Behavioural Studies!!!! The one and only lecture that I looked forward to every lectures day!!! Today, we have a guest speaker named Dr. Saga. He introduced himself and told us bout all the exotic pets that he owned! He also have collected leopard skull! Even brought a frog, and a hermit crab. Ooh...not forgetting a turtle too!!!

*Turtle eating worm

*Credits to Lin Kar Yee ( her 8 mega pixel camera phone)

*The frog (don't know what species its from)
*sorry for the blurriness

We also heard lots of funny stories from him... but its also a bit sad though... One that I remembered is that he was observing a butterfly for his assignment. So after he is done with it, he let it go. While in that process, a bird conveniently came and .... Bye-bye BUTTERFLY!

But the best one was the way chemicals were tested on cockroach to see its effectiveness. According to him, those lab people, when testing the chemicals, the cockroach must die on its back, legs facing upwards and struggling. So that consumers will buy the product. The consumers wants to see the cockroach suffer to make sure its dead, if the cockroach die facing the floor then the consumers will not be satisfy and they will not buy that chemical....

Gosh...Consumers nowadays!

He also told us an incident that happened three years ago in college, staffs' room. A Paradise tree snake actually went into the air conditioner and fell down on an employee's table. So as expected everyone was screaming and they killed it!!! But that snake its actually a really rare species and its really beautiful and colourful as well!!! Such a waste! And just this morning, there was a cat that accidentally went into the building, staffs were chasing it off. And this species of cat is also rare! Luckily, they let it go!!!


*Civet cat*

P/S:

I have no idea what the hell is wrong with Archshanaa!!! The moment she saw me today, she started again! She kept picking on me!!! My anxiety level shoot up straight away!!! Gosh!!! I need to groom myself more!!!

Will upload the crab picture when I get it From Kar Yee.

I'm so looking forward to the next lecture!

Here are some videos. Enjoy!



*Credits to Kar Yee


No comments:

Post a Comment